The city has contracted with Santek Waste Services to provide twice weekly curbside collection of residential garbage and trash. All garbage must be placed in plastic bags which are provided by the city. Rolls of 100 plastic bags are provided to customers twice annually, at six-month intervals, at no charge. If customers require additional bags, they can be picked up at City Hall for a charge of $15 per box.
Collection days are Monday and Thursday for residents east of Business 59 (Washington Avenue) and Tuesday and Friday for residents west of Business 59 (Washington Avenue). For information, please call Waste Services at 936-327-6829.
Heavy Trash Pickup
The city has contracted with Waste Services to provide collection of:
- Grass Clippings
- Heavy Trash
The City has been divided into four sections for brush collection. Brush and tree limbs will be collected in each section on its designated Friday within the calendar month:
- Northwest Section - 1st Friday
- Northeast Section - 2nd Friday
- Southwest Section - 3rd Friday
- Southeast Section - 4th Friday
Fees for residential garbage service, twice weekly, shall be $19 per month. Each trailer or mobile home shall be considered a separate residence. Also, each unit of an apartment complex is to be considered a separate residence.
Non-containerized commercial fees shall be as follows:
- Fee for bagged service, twice weekly, shall be $20.25 per month.
- Fee for one 90-gallon plastic toter, provided by Contractor, twice weekly, shall be $38.50 per month.
- Fee for two 90-gallon plastic toters, provided by Contractor, twice weekly, shall be $57 per month.